July has certainly come in with a bang bringing, in most cases, a lot of heat! I love summer and I love the heat but there are times when it is just too hot and I’m looking for a way to cool down.
- Run through the sprinklers or go for a refreshing swim
- Wear light weight cotton or linen loose clothing
- Rub an ice cube over your pulse points on your wrist, splash your face with cool water, or wet a towel with cold water and place around your neck
- Eat small frequent meals so your body doesn’t have to go into overdrive to digest the food – spicy foods will make you sweat without raising your internal body temperature and you will feel cool as the moisture evaporates
- Place a bowl of ice in front of your fan so it will blow cool air around the room
- Drink lots of cool beverages, like iced tea and cool herbal waters, to lower your internal body temperature
What do you do to keep cool and feel refreshed throughout the day?
With the temperatures so high it is important to stay hydrated. Studies have shown that drinking lukewarm/room temperature water, although it will keep you hydrated, does not cool you down.
Unfortunately, we can’t all be on holidays all summer so take care to refresh and stay cool with your Libre and some lemon, fresh mint or cucumber water.
Cucumbers are packed with B Vitamins which will help protect your skin from sun damage, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc – Cucumber Water can also be used as a refreshing facial mist too!
Mint also has lots of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Calcium, potassium and more. Mint adds a little sweetness to your water/tea without the sugar. It will settle an upset stomach and helps with digestion.
Why not add flavour and style to your water by freezing orange slices, cherries, grapes, melon balls, etc. and use for ice cubes in your Libre for refreshing tea moments ‘on the go’!